Friday, January 20, 2012

Get Ready For Sunday!

I'm almost ready for The Affordable Art Show private viewing on Sunday.  As all the paintings come together on the walls, I feel like I'm holding my breath until the very last one fits, and then. . . . . I look around and it's like finishing a Rubik's cube (I only ever got two sides, so I'm using my imagination!).  Suddenly, the whole gallery seems to come alive and it's a wonderful feeling.

You see, that's why the hanging of an exhibition is so important to me.  When it works, it's as if the gallery has had new life breathed into it - it's entirely different, and I love the effect it has on me.  It's like beautiful fresh air.

So almost one hundred paintings have been hung, from around twenty-five of Scotland's best and most interesting artists.  I can't wait to see the reaction on Sunday.  Ooh, here's a taster!

We have Margaretann Bennett RSW . . . .




Alice McMurrough (I'm thinking many many things, but it's Ghostbusters that springs to mind!) . . . . .




Gordon Wilson (I love this tender painting, but you have to see it in person) . . . . .




George Grant (esoteric, atmospheric, evocative, only words that begin with vowels!) . .. . .




And Kevin Low (digital painter extraordinaire, yes digital!  Creativity is creativity and beauty is beauty) . . . . . .

 
 
There are so many more diverse paintings included in this exhibition.  Come this Sunday, 2pm to 5pm for champagne, canapes, music and then you can see for yourself.
 
 
Thanks for reading!
 
 
Natalie
 

No comments:

Post a Comment