Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Hidden Treasures

I love discovering something wonderful that I wasn't looking for.  Plans are all well and good, but there is nothing like turning a corner and seeing something unexpectedly beautiful or exciting.  Isn't this what we remember most?

The gallery houses exhibitions of paintings, my first love.  Having been a painter myself, I can't tell you how much I admire the boldness, skill and unbridled talent of the many different painters working in Scotland today.  I am so lucky to have met so many of them, and to be able to showcase their work on the gallery walls.  

Many visitors come to the gallery because they have been invited, or they don't want to miss the exhibition that's currently showing.  It may be it a solo exhibition, a three person, or a large mixed show like the Winter exhibition on at the moment.  But as they slowly walk round and take in the paintings, I see their eye being caught by small treasures that they weren't expecting to see. 

How can any animal lover not notice this little Siamese . . . .


. . . . or this proud pooch?!



And anyone who likes to pour their milk in style in the morning, can't help but have their head turned by these beautifully crafted hand painted jugs!  And if they like those, they will also love this fabulous ceramic platter.


            


The gleam in the jewellery cabinet always draws people in for a closer look.  And many people leave happy with a surprise present for themselves or for another.




My first love is painting, but I'm happy to say there are treasures everywhere, if we just care to look in different directions.


Thanks for reading!


Natalie




No comments:

Post a Comment