Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Unwrapping!

It's that time again when one exhibition comes down to make way for the new paintings that have arrived for the new show, demure in their bubble wrap, waiting patiently.



 
 
 
 
Our Liz Knox paintings have sadly left the building and the works by Alasdair Gray, Joyce Gunn Cairns and Steven Camley have now all arrived.
 
 
 


 
 
 
The best part is unwrapping them and feeling your heart quicken as you see the new work in person. Always good sign.
 
 


 
 
 
 
For weeks I work just with images of the paintings, but good paintings are always far better in person.


 

 
 
 
 
 
So far Alasdair's have made me gasp and look closer, Joyce's make my heart swell, and Steven's make me laugh.  And this is all in the first glances.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
As I start to place the paintings, the gallery already takes on that new look.  New life is breathed into the space and I can't wait to get on and see the finished result.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Thankfully I have a good few days to do the work justice.  This exhibition previews this Sunday 24th, 2-5pm.
 
 
Thanks for reading!
 
 
Natalie
 

No comments:

Post a Comment