Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Adventure

It's so exciting when new works arrive at the gallery for an upcoming exhibition. 

Unwrapping each piece feels like opening very special presents.  There's a pitter-patter in my heart as I peel back the bubble wrap to reveal the work that I recognise from the images that I have been working with. 

It's such a pleasure when recognition turns to joy as the original work now in front of me is so, so much more beautiful.




The works by Alasdair Gray and Joyce Gunn Cairns have arrived at the gallery and I'm in heaven!




The Alasdair Gray's are quite exquisite, and I cannot wait until they are hanging on the gallery walls, when I will be able to take my time and soak them in properly. 

They are so full of detail, meaning, musings, questions and beauty.  I can't wait to share them with all of the visitors to the exhibition.




The works by Joyce Gunn Cairns are equally intriguing in their layering of meaning, boldness and beauty. These two artists are exhibiting together for a very good reason.

I have so much to do between now and the preview of the exhibition this Sunday.  But it's a pleasure to be taken on an adventure by two such exciting hearts and minds.





Even the gallery pooch is looking happy and relaxed, bathed in sunlight, waiting to see the gallery transformed into a new and exciting world.

This special exhibition opens this Sunday at 2pm.

Thanks for reading!


Natalie


No comments:

Post a Comment