Friday, July 15, 2011

Temptation

One of my favourite Oscar Wilde quotes is:  'I can resist everything except temptation.'

Oscar of course was a master of observation, a genius, and the most I have in common with him is that I could have said that one myself.  So like me, prepare to be tempted! 

The Summer exhibition continues until 24 July and I'm busy organising Gordon Wilson's upcoming solo exhibition. 

But it just wouldn't be right unless we had a fanfare of new and exciting treats to accompany Gordon's work.  Icing on the cake shall we say.  Although the hard-working sculptors, jewellers and ceramicists might have a word or two to say to me for suggesting that their work is mere icing.  Although some say the icing on the cake is the best part . . . no, all cake is good . . . . anyway, I digress!

We have new jewellery, ceramics and sculpture winging its way to the gallery, hopefully in time for the Gordon Wilson private view on the 31 July.

Jewellery by Sarah Anderson, animal sculpture by Christine Cummings, clocks by Ian Roberts and ceramics by Anne Morrison.  A feast!

Sorry . . . .no photos yet, you'll just have to wait . . . tempted though?  I know I am!


Thanks for reading!

Natalie

Hmmm the blog doesn't feel right without a photo.  So, here's Oscar for you . . . . .




No comments:

Post a Comment