Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Sandy Murphy RSW RGI PAI

I'm very, very excited. 




One of my dreams when I was younger was to have an art gallery when I grew up.  Check!

Then, when I was lucky enough to know and love the work of so many artists, the dream was to one day have an exhibition by the artist Sandy Murphy. 

I was a painter myself and it was Sandy's work that I most admired.  He is a truly wonderful artist, and when I look at his work, it can literally take my breath away.  The layering, the texture and the exquisite colour unites in an alchemy, yielding a beauty to behold.



This has been a dream of mine for a long time and it's happening in September.  I'm over the moon!  If anyone isn't familiar with his work, then have a look as these three beauties, although nothing compares to seeing them in person. 


 


These three paintings will be part of his featured artist show which opens 4 September.  Please put it in your diaries and if anyone would like to receive a catalogue, email the gallery with your address details and I will be happy to send you one when they are available.

Thanks for reading!

Natalie

4 comments:

  1. looking fab, loving the work xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoying sharing the artwork and gallery chat on the Blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Anon and Elizabeth! Glad you are enjoying the work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking blog, and Sandy Murphy's paintings look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete