Friday, June 14, 2013

Hanging The Show

We're busy hanging the Summer Exhibition which previews this Sunday.  And here's a look at the storm before the calm!






After two solo exhibitions, hanging a large mixed exhibition is always a challenge.  With around twenty very different artists taking place, the aim is to balance each piece with the work that surrounds it, whilst trying to get everything up without over-crowding or too much compromise.







It's not always easy, but it's a challenge I love.  Most importantly I want to create a show that people will enjoy.  As they wander round the gallery I want the mood to change from dark to light, from calm to exciting, until that person finds the reaction they are looking for.








They don't know this until they come to face to face with the piece of art that speaks to them.  A gorgeous and sometimes inexpicable feeling.







With work of this quality, I have been experiencing this at every turn, I have to concentrate on the exhibition on a whole and when all is calm and ready, I will be able to have a wander and find out which is my real favourite.

The Summer Exhibition previews this Sunday 16th June  from 2pm to 5pm.  All welcome.


Thanks for reading!



Natalie












No comments:

Post a Comment