Tuesday, January 21, 2014

The Preview

This Sunday we had the preview of our annual Affordable Art Show. This is an exhibition of works by some of Scotland's finest artists, and all works are under £500!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 After hanging the exhibition all week and adding the finishing touches we were ready.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
As always, you never really know how many people are going to turn up, until they do!  The day went in a blur of happy faces, lots of sales and lots and lots of chatting.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I know I've got a really busy opening when I have to keep turning the music up so it can be heard!
 
 
 


 
 
 
 
It was a delight to sell so many paintings by lots of different artists.  Kevin Low, Gordon Wilson, Henry Fraser, Joyce Gunn Cairns, Sandy Murphy, Laura Harrison, Cathy Campbell, Stanley Bird, Ashley Cook, and I was especially delighted to sell work by Cate Inglis, a first time exhibitor with Smithy Gallery.
 
 
 





It also adds a lot more to the day when the artists come and enjoy chatting to admirers of their work, and each other. Gordon, Stanley, Cate, Cathy, Marion, Carol and others - thank you so much for coming.





 
 
 
Many ceramics and jewellery were also snapped up and taken home.  This for me was one of our best openings.  I love it when a great spectrum of work is appreciated, never mind sold.  Everything I have in the gallery is there because I admire it, love it, or it interests me greatly and to have so many other people echo these feelings, is a great pleasure.  

 



A huge thank you to all the people who came and enjoyed the preview day.  I hope you all had a lovely time.

This exhibition continues until 23 February.


Thanks for reading!

Natalie
 


No comments:

Post a Comment