Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Christopher Wood RSW

As a gallery owner, I have a secret list of 'would love to show' artists. 

There were many things that inspired my dream of one day opening my own gallery.  One of those things were the artists whose work I most admired, wished I could paint like, and hoped one day to be lucky enough to have their work hanging on my walls.




One of those artists was Christopher Wood RSW.  He has always been on my dream list and at last he is exhibiting at the gallery in our special exhibition, Six Degrees of Separation.




His paintings go straight for my heart.  Essentially abstract, they are full of passion, colour and fearlessness.  Everything I love, and terribly hard to find in the one package!





Still a young man, Christopher is an incredibly highly esteemed artist with the accolades to prove it.  Having trained at Edinburgh College of Art, graduating with an Honours degree in Drawing and Painting in 1984, he has been awarded as: 

President of the Society of Scottish Artists (SSA); Vice-President of the Society of Scottish Artists (SSA); Board Member of the Exhibiting Societies of Scotland (ESSA); An elected member of the Royal Scottish Society of Painters in Watercolour (RSW); Elected to serve on the Council of the SSA; A Professional Member of The Glasgow Art Club; An Elected Member of The Paisley Art Institute (PAI); An Elected Professional Member of the Society of Scottish Artists (SSA).  Collections include: HRH Prince Charles the Duke of Rothesay.





You get the picture!  A highly successful artist who is respected by art-lovers and artists alike, always a sign of a truly great artist.  I am delighted to be exhibiting his work at long last at Smithy Gallery.  Dreams do come true! 

To view all works by Christopher Wood RSW, click on the following link:  http://www.smithygallery.co.uk/CurrentInages6.html


Thanks for reading!


Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment