Friday, November 25, 2011

The Big Day

I'm tired, but I'm happy. 

I'm really pleased to say that I have just finished hanging a new exhibition.  The Winter exhibition.  It's really the Christmas exhibition, but I think that lovely word sometimes has a 'come and buy something or else!' tone about it, when the gallery is more about 'come and enjoy, relax, peruse . . . . . '
  



' . . . . . and then buy, because you simply can't live without that beautiful unique piece of art that will enhance your home and your life forever!' 




  
I love, love, love hanging exhibitions.  It's like a huge puzzle that I have to solve, fitting all of these glorious works into the gallery, ensuring each and every one of them shines out, whilst creating a beautiful and balanced space.



The atmosphere in the gallery is very important to me.  I guess it's like my home, except the artists that I like and respect have entrusted me to take care of, and show off their hard work and talent.  It's very important to me that their work is showcased properly. 



So I hope I've done a good job.  I guess I shall find out when the exhibition opens this Sunday.  Ooh, did I mention it's the gallery's birthday that day?!  Six years old!  A baby really.  Well, a handful that's talking back!  And it is.  It's full of life, some surprises and lots of treats.


So please come to the show this Sunday.  I would love to see you there.  Birthday cards and presents are all welcome . . . . !


Thanks for reading!


Natalie




No comments:

Post a Comment