Tuesday, August 09, 2011

The Artist

Having a gallery was a dream of mine for a long time.  I was a painter myself, with a studio in Glasgow's Trongate and I loved it.  All the artists and studios and galleries that were emerging in that area made it one of Glasgow's brightest artistic hubs, and I felt lucky to be there.

For me, the dream of having a gallery was as much about the artist, as it was about creating a beautiful and welcoming space.

Having worked as a painter myself, I know what it is like to have your work seen, appreciated, perhaps even selling.  The most amazing thing about selling for me was that somebody wanted to make your work part of their home, something that they would see every day.

The current Gordon Wilson exhibition is continuing as it started, so far selling twenty three paintings!  This is quite a number in the first week or so, and I am incredibly happy that his talent, hard work and dedication has been reflected in this way - by so many people loving his work that much. 




Gordon popped into the gallery the other day to see how we were getting on, and yes to see all of those red dots with his own eyes!




As you can see, a happy man!  I'm smiling too.


Thanks for reading!

Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment