Friday, May 02, 2014

Award Winning

It is a lovely honour to be asked to be a judge at an art exhibition, particularly when it's the quality of the annual Paisley Art Institute Exhibition.  I spent the morning perusing the large exhibition, now in it's 126th year.







What a pleasure it is for me to spend time viewing such a variety of quality works.  The icing on the cake is to be invited to choose my very favourite and watch as the little award banner is mounted below the painting.

The Smithy Gallery Award is in its third year and once again, I am delighted with the painting I have chosen.  The exhibition opens on 17th May, and you will just have to go and view the exhibition to see if you agree with my choice!

I'm now back to the gallery to enjoy the second week of Tim'rous Beasties.  We have around seventy paintings and sculpture dedicated to the Tim'rous Beastie by some of the best British artists, thirty of which have already sold.  Here are a couple of my favourites which are still available:





Paul Barnes



Tom Allan

 

Kevin Low
 
 
Barbara Franc
 
  
 
 
There's much more to view on the website:
 
 
 
Thanks for reading!
 
 
Natalie
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment