Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Anticipation

The Margaretann Bennett RSW paintings will be arriving at the gallery this week, and I will be able to view them properly for the first time.  Margaretann is brilliant to work with.  She knows how much I love her work, and over the weeks of preparation she has been sending me a string of tantalising images, each with a story attached, yet leaving a lot to the imagination.




Each work has character and narrative and I just love this.  They are already full of strength and mystery, but she adds clues with brilliant titles to get your mind racing.  Take Seductress above.  Perhaps she speaks for herself, perhaps not!  And then there is Sapphire below . . . . . .




 . . . . did this beauty once have wings? 





And Fragments contains so many meaningful images that tug at the heartstrings.  Did this possible love affair have a happy ending, or is it a friendship box, and what's that key for??


Oh, and meet Hugger . . . . .



Do we really want to be hugged by Hugger?!


Now that I'm full of questions, I wonder if Margaretann will tell all. . . . .


Thanks for reading!


Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment