Monday, June 20, 2011

The Longest Day

The rain fell all day today and yes, it's still falling . . . .  I've been having to remind myself that it's summer.  And it is. A beautifully typical Scottish summer!  

Scotland is where we are, and this is where we find ourselves surrounded by a wealth of talent burgeoning out of art schools, artist studios and art galleries.

In the quieter moments I wander about the gallery and spend time really looking.  I never tire of discovering more and more about the work that surrounds me.  I have placed it, hung it and spoken about it, and yet if I keep looking, more begins to emerge from the canvases that I thought I had already fully appreciated.


This is one of the things that I love most about what I do.  Each painting contains a world all of it's own.  Sometimes you immediately take it all in, and sometimes it takes more time.


So in the quieter moments on the rainy rainy days, I realise I am surrounded by worlds of light, dark and so much more in between.

What a way to spend the longest day.

Thanks for reading!

Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment